This form is disabled.
Haridwar(land of gods) which is located on the bank of the Ganges River is considered one of the most sacred places for Hindus. Many different events like Kumbha Mela are held here every 12 years . Kumbha Mela is the biggest event organised in Haridwar, During this mela millions of pilgrims, devotees and tourists gather and perform a ritualistic bathing and wish to wash away their sins.
One of the most fascinating things here is ‘Ganga Aarti’. It is a religious prayer that takes place every day in the morning and evening. People enjoy aarti free of cost and this aarti is performed by many priests with sound bells and diya light. Mansa Devi Temple is a hindu temple dedicated to goddess Mansa Devi located at the top of the Bilwa Parvat. On the Shivalik Hills. The temple is also known as the Bilwa Tirth is one of the five pilgrimages within Haridwar. There are two ways to reach the temple, one is by foot and another by cable car. Walking takes one and a half kilometres so people usually take to go by cable car.
Then, one of the auspicious yantras also starts from here known as the Kanwar Yatra. It took place usually during the month of ‘Shravan maas’ which is around from July to August. There are different places where devotees of Lord Shiva fetch “Gangajal'' from the river Ganga to offer the jab to Lord Shiva's temples.
This yatra goes on for a month in which the devotees wear saffron clothes and barefoot collect the holy water and carry them in ‘Kanvar’ in which two earthen pots are balanced by them on their shoulders.
1) There is a temple located in Haridwar known as Pardeshwar temple which has a Shiva Lingam built on mercury. It is very rare or nearly impossible to find this anywhere.
Parad Shivlinga, the unique Shivlinga is placed in Shri Paradeshwar Mahadev temple in Harihar Ashram, Kankhal, Haridwar. The meaning of Parad is mercury and this shivlinga is made of over 151 kg of mercury, therefore, it becomes popular as Parad Shivlinga and holds veritably high religious significance in Haridwar. Being one of the top magnets of Haridwar, every day thousands of people Parad Shivlinga the time. It’s located in Kankhal, at just 4 km from Har ki Pauri and 3 km from Haridwar junction.
Along with the Paradeshwar Mahadev, there’s another tabernacle of Lord Shiva called Maha Mrutunjaya Mandir located in one Harihar Ashram’s premise another crucial magnet then’s the very old Rudraksha tree where devotees worship and request for good health as it’s believed that Rudraksha has mending powers that can cure numerous complaints. A replica of all the 12 Jyotirlinga is placed in a circumnavigation of the Rudraksha tree where devotee performs the Pradakshina with pure devotion towards third Shiva
2) Anyone having interest in Ayurveda and Hinduism and want to explore more about them then Shanti Kunj will be your favourite stop. It is globally known for its research in the herbal and Ayurveda fields.
Meaning of Ayurveda is an alternate option for recovery from allopathic remedies. Ayurveda is an Indian recovery system of traditional remedies set up in the Indian key regions. Ayurveda is also largely exercised in India. . Ayurveda is a healing system and is an important part of life.
Ayurveda has a unique conception of Vata, Pitta andKapha.History of Ayurveda was mentioned in the Hindu Book similar to Susrut Samhita and Chakra Samhita( 100 BCE) Ayurveda is also mentioned in Vedas one of the world’s oldest textbooks. Ayurveda is well given medicinal system trusted in India for recovery for the last 4500 times.
3) Haridwar also is the Karma Bhoomi of the famous yoga guru Ramdev. He has opened Divya Yog Trust University, Several people come to visit this place every year.
Patanjali Yogpeeth is a medical and exploration institute in Yoga and Ayurveda. Patanjali Yogpeeth is making Haridwar a popular spot to visit for Ayurvedic treatment and medicine. Established in 2006 by Yog Guru Ramdev, Patanjali Yogpeeth is named after Maharishi Patanjali who is believed to be the designer of Yoga. Patanjali Yogpeeth is run by Patanjali Yog Peeth( UK) Trust.
Patanjali Yogpeeth performs several conditioning and services like treating cases through Ayurveda in the medical center, laboratories, exploration centers, and other installations similar to the canteen, ATMetc.
4) People enjoy lip-smacking chats by the Ghats of river Ganga and some golgappe. People who love sweets will fall in love with Haridwar. Different sweets like jalebi, badam milk, and Kheer are very famous.
Among shopping in Haridwar, one mustn’t miss shopping from this shop. This is a vast open request to buy the Haridwar, Kashmiri, and Himachali monuments in one place. This is a crowded shop in peak sightseer and pilgrim season in Haridwar. Yet, you can find day-to-day shoppers then from the locals and travelers. The products you can buy from this shop are woolens fabrics, handcraft particulars, pooja particulars, cosmetic particulars, and handloom products.
5) The city offers a variety of shopping opportunities For travelers. The Hindu devotees will also find pooja items and idols and take them home with them. Famous shopping areas are Moti Bazar, Jwalapur, Bara Bazar, and kankhal Bazar.
also read: The Era of Bollywood Movie
6) According to mythological stories, when Goddess Ganga decided to descend from heaven to earth and create havoc, Lord Shiva received her in his hair. Lord Shiva’s hair locks were so strong that Goddess Ganga became helpless. Lord Shiva then released the river Ganga from his locks and flowing with the great speed it traveled down to the plains for the first time in Haridwar
also read: Top 10 best places in India
This form is disabled.